On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 23:25:12 -0500, Alan Warren wrote:

> I'm surprised packages in overlays take precedence over portage.

> Is
> there any way to get a single package from an overlay without taking
> "everything" ?

An overlay has to take precedence, otherwise putting a fixed ebuild in
your local overlay will have no effect.

> Is
> there any way to get a single package from an overlay without taking
> "everything" ?

What I do it ad the overlay with layman, so it is kept up to date, but
don't add it to make.conf. Then I symlink the packages I want from that
overlay to my local overlay.

--
Neil Bothwick

You are about to give someone a piece of your mind,
something you can ill afford...