On Sunday 22 August 2010, Walter Dnes wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 12:07:40PM +0200, Francesco Talamona wrote
>
> > I'm unclear about the aim of your script, what does different from
> > "emerge -a --depclean" followed by "revdep-rebuild -- -a"?
>
>   The autodepclean script automatically generates a list of of target
> ebuuilds to clean out (i.e. "cleanscript").  This gives you the
> opportunity to review it and delete items from the list before going
> ahead.  Does "emerge -a --depclean" allow you to skip individual
> items?

Ah ok, now i see the point. Usually I prefer to stop depclean (answering
no) and specify the exceptions with emerge --noreplace.

This is because the exclusion of some packages from depclean can affect
the following result of it.

If you install a package having many dependencies, with emerge --oneshot
and then run emerge --depclean you'll see that is easier to run two
times depclean than edit the generated list :)

Cheers
        Francesco
--
Linux Version 2.6.35-gentoo-r1, Compiled #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 11
07:11:30 CEST 2010