Joshua Murphy wrote:
Well, glancing at the GET request it's making there, as well as the
API google points me to when I look it up...

http://developer.yahoo.com/messenger/guide/ch03s02.html#d4e4628

You're right that it's after an image from their profile, but the
cause of the failure appears to be related to some sort of credentials
Yahoo wants the messenger to provide. You might poke Kopete's
bugtracker to see if they've a related bug on file already, and if
they don't, throw one their way.

The API Yahoo appears to be using there (based on a response I got
back in poking lightly) is, or is based on, OAuth, which according to
this:

http://oauth.net/core/1.0/#http_codes

specifies that a request should give a 401 response (Authorization
Required vs Unauthorized is purely the choice of phrase used in the
program decoding the numerical code, i.e. wireshark in your example of
it there) in the following cases:

HTTP 401 Unauthorized
   * Invalid Consumer Key
   * Invalid / expired Token
   * Invalid signature
   * Invalid / used nonce

Yahoo, essentially, *does* give a "bugger off"!! with that response,
but Kopete simply takes it, considers it a brief instant, then decides
"Maybe the answer will change if I try again *now*!"... at which point
it proceeds to introduce its proverbial cranium to the proverbial
brick and mortar vertical surface one might term "the wall."
Repeatedly.

I was sort of figuring that it was trying to get something and Yahoo wasn't liking it. At least now we know for sure.

I went to bug.kde and searched but I didn't see anything. Of course, I'm not really sure what the heck to look for since I don't know what is failing, other than Kopete.

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)