Thanks a lot!

I removed /etc/asound.state and the service restarted without errors. Then I run alsaconf (thanks to Veiga) and unmuted the card. Listening to music again :)

Thanks to the other folks that answered too.

On 7/28/05, Christoph Eckert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:873: failed to obtain
> > info for control #30 (No such file or directory)

the settings are stored in /etc/asound.state as soon as ALSA
stops. Does this file exist and is it writeable?

You can try to delete it and see if this helps.

Best regards

    ce