On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Peter Humphrey <pe...@humphrey.ukfsn.org>wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 September 2010 23:39:25 Dale wrote:
>
> > Hmmm, whatever you set it to, you will be a few lines short.  The
> > error will always be just above what you can scroll back to.  lol
>
> So you've noticed that too, eh?

Of course I've noticed it, how could I not?  (Murphy's law has *so* many
corollaries.)

When I really want it, for any given command, I use bash with
     command 2>&1 | tee /tmp/junk
and this suppresses most color-coding so I can view the results with simple
tools.

It helps to have a really big /tmp (mine has 19GB free at the moment), and
to keep
using the same name in case you forget to delete the (possibly huge) file.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD