I have recently discovered Dropbox as an interesting thing to
experiment with, not without its drawbacks, but interesting.

I have it running on a work Mac laptop and an Android phone, and it is
another interesting idea to put it on Linux.  However, its downloads
are for Fedora and Ubuntu, or a source file which requires Nautilus.
Also, I don't want its daemon running constantly, altho that feature
is part of what makes it interesting wth the laptop and phone.

Searches bring up various pages, but nothing really promising, either
old or rather convulated or still using Mautilus.  One involves a
python script which apparently runs the command over and over, each
time creating one more fake lib to make up for the Fedora/Ubunto ones
required.  No thanks ... while an interesting hack, it's not my idea
of a way to the future :-)

So the question is ... does anyone have experience with Dropbox on
gentoo?  My system is ~amd64, running fvwm when necessary, neither KDE
nor Gnome.  I'd really like a command line program which I could run
for manual syncing.

     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / fe...@crowfix.com
  GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E  6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933