Yohan Pereira wrote:
On Saturday 25 September 2010 2:51:45 pm Dale wrote:
In the Advanced tab, I set it to run as user root.  When I then
select to run the item from the menu, a little GUI window will pop up
and ask me for the root password.

i just tried that and it worked perfectly for konqueror, maybe you can try
deleting that menu entry and recreating it.

if that dosnt work try running kdesu konqueror in a konsole session and see
what happns.

It appears that maybe portage got the order wrong or something was amiss with KDE. I re-emerged the following:

kdebase-menu
kdebase-menu-icons
kmenuedit
kdesu

After that, it works again. So, either something was built in the wrong order or KDE had some issue with something. Oh, no config files to update after that either.

Don't know what fixed it exactly but at least it works again. Maybe the OP should try rebuilding some packages too? May help, may not.

Dale

:-)  :-)