On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 13:15 +0600, simply change wrote:
> AybOwan! (=welcome)
>
> dear lu_zero,
>
> im a Sinhalease from Sri lanka. i have a small company here in lanka
> (video filming company ex:- wedding, parties filming). my editing
> tools are Adobe Premeir,after effect, etc like propriatary software.so
> now i want to fully migrate to Gentoo Linux. today i just try to
> emerge Cinelerra to my Gentoo box but it has been Masked. so friends
> please be kind enought to advice me to setting up a full professional
> video lab using Gentoo Linux.
>
> --
> "The future lies ahead."
> _______________________
> < Have you mooed today? >
> -----------------------
>         \    ^__^
>          \   (oo) \_______
>
> Gentoo Linux 2.6.12-gentoo-r4-Adapt-v1.1#

I rally doubt that gentoo is the right choice for a video lab. It might
work, but it would take a lot of time and if everything works under win,
why do you want to move to gentoo? If you are really certain that it's
specifically gentoo that you want and nothing else, please read the docs
at http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/index.xml the handbook explains
how to work with portage, what masked packages are, etc.