Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:

Hello Dale,

> On mine, I had to add the "device notifier" widget to the panel.  That
> is what does the little pop up here.  Looks like one of your systems
> didn't add that by default, mine didn't either tho.

Well device notifier is on the systems that work. somehow it
got deleted off this system....

I missing the 'dolphin file manager' and the 'usb viewer'
from the kde-4.4.2

Hmmmm, somehow this looks strange....

What the best way to rebuild all of the kde packages
on a (kde-meta) system? emerge kde-meta only rebuild the
meta package itself....

Or should I just re_emerge a few selected packages?

(PS, try this command 'lshal') just for grins......

James