On 11/08/2010 01:12 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
Anyone know which applet controls how the virtual desktop pager
appears under Xfce

The one called `workspaces' appears to be it, but it looks to be set
as it always was... with a default 4 desktops.

But the actual pager is now 4 rectangles all end to end on the panel
with the large words `workspaceN' writen in them... No windows or
applications are visible there as they used to be.  No way to drag
stuff around as there was prior to this update.

When I see strange stuff like that after an upgrade, I try beginning
with a clean home directory, i.e. with none of the configuration stuff
left over from the previous version.

The easiest way to do that, I think, is to create a throw-away user
(mine is named "tester") and make sure his ~ directory is empty except
for .bashrc and the usual suspects.  You'll need to configure his
xfce4 desktop from scratch, of course.  If that fixes the problem,
then start copying over your old .xfce4 config stuff one file at a
time until "tester"'s desktop breaks.  Et voila :)