Hi,

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:32:21 -0400
Michael Crute <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a way to build the php 5 extensions (I.E. GD, mysql, etc) as
> external libraries instead of compiling it all into the core? I assume this
> is the sharedext flag but I want to make sure before I go try it and muck
> things up.

$ grep sharedext /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc
sharedext - Adds support for building shared extensions in php

sounds good, doesn't it ;-)?

Regarding the "gd-external" A. Khattri mentioned, I think this is to
make php use a separately compiled (by emerging it as a dependency) GD
lib instead of using the sources that php has integrated.

-hwh