walt wrote:
On 11/29/2010 12:09 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:

Such a simple thing and I cannot find how to do it.

I tried kde 4.x during its early Dark Days and finally gave up in
complete bafflement.

Well, so many people in this group are enthusiastic supporters of
kde I decided I'd give it another go over our long holiday weekend.

I dreaded the thought of compiling the entire kde desktop on gentoo
(again!) so instead I came up with the brilliant idea of installing
kubuntu on a VirtualBox linux guest machine on my gentoo host.

The installation of kubuntu was brain-dead-easy (that's the whole
point of *ubuntu, after all) but when I logged in and started to
use the kubuntu kde desktop to do actual work (shudder) I quickly
found myself in a hopeless muddle (yet again!).

My theory is that anyone over forty just doesn't understand what
young-punk developers are about, these days.

When I was a young punk myself, long ago, the mantra was "Don't
trust anyone over forty!"  (But I don't suppose you're old enough
to remember those days.)

I think today's young-punk developers must certainly feel the same
way about old-fart (over-forty) lusers like me. (You?)

I'm over 40. I been using KDE4 for a while now. It doesn't get on my nerves, to much. lol

Dale

:-)  :-)