On Tuesday 30 November 2010 10:53:21 Thanasis wrote:
> on 11/30/2010 11:17 AM J. Roeleveld wrote the following:

> >> Apart from Samsung F4 EcoGreen, it also refers to some other drives:
> >>
> >> SAMSUNG HD322GJ (F4)
> >> SAMSUNG HD103SJ (F3)
> >> SAMSUNG HD153WI (F3 EcoGreen)
> >> SAMSUNG HD642JJ (F1)
> >> SAMSUNG SP2504C (P120)
> >> WDC WD6400AAKS
> >> WDC WD10EADS
> >>
> >> Are these also affected?
> >
> > Considering the line right above that list is:
> > "* It could not be reproduced on the same AMD system and amdsata.sys
> > driver with the following other disks: "
> >
> > with the "not" in bold, I would assume that those drives are not affected
> > by this bug in the drives firmware.
> >
> > --
> > Joost Roeleveld
>
> Thanks. That's what I thought too, it's the other lines that followed,
> that puzzled me. O:-)

The following lines are seperate bullet-points, eg. seperate statements.

I write similar documents sometimes and this is a quick-and-dirty way to list
the results. That's probably why I could follow it easier.

I do agree, it could have been a bit clearer if that list would have been
indented to make it look more like part of the bullet-point where it appears
to be part of. (If this makes sense? :) )

I have the WDC-drive that is listed here and am quite happy that it is not
affected as I do use smartmontools extensively.
I'll have to check which Samsung drive I have to make sure I am not using one
for production use.

--
Joost Roeleveld