On 12/13/2010 2:22 PM, Bill Longman wrote:
On 12/13/2010 02:02 PM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 1:18 PM, pk<pete...@coolmail.se
<mailto:pete...@coolmail.se>>  wrote:

     On 2010-12-13 22:08, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

     >  Netstat agrees that they're open but does not disclose which
     process is
     >  listening.
     >
     >  Does anybody know how to find this out?

     netstat only lists listening processes when you're root...

Not for me, it doesn't.  It lists processes for unix-domain sockets
whether I'm root or not, but does not show them for inet-domain at all.

I'm using "netstat -l" or "netstat -ln".  Is there some other option I
need?  I didn't see one.

You need -p for "process".

What Bill said. You'll probably want to try sudo netstat -lnp and sudo netstat -lnpt which just shows TCP ports.

kashani