On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann
<volkerar...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 17 December 2010 22:52:30 Jacques Montier wrote:
>> Le 17/12/2010 21:45, Dale a gentiment tapote:
>>
>> --
>> Jacques
>> Site web <https://sites.google.com/site/jacquesfr35/>

>> > I recently bought a Gigabyte mobo and it has Q-Flash.  It will update
>> > the BIOS without needing a OS.   According to the book, you just
>> > download the update and put it on a USB stick, must be FAT32/16/12,
>> > and hit the end key when the BIOS screen comes up.  It sounds pretty
>> > easy.  I have not done this yet tho.
>> >
>> > Hope that helps.
>> >
>> > Dale
>> >
>> > :-)  :-)
>>
>> Thank you  Dale,
>>
>> The Asus P6X58D-E motherboard seems ready for USB-3.0
>> Does Linux support USB-3.0 technology ?
>
> linux was the first OS to have usb3 drivers.
>
> I own an Asus and it is crap. Which might be bad luck. But from all I read
> over the web and all the experiences in my social circles point to Gigabyte
> boards as the most stable, troubleless boards at the moment, while Asus'
> quality went down a lot.

I agree that from reading these lists most people who buy Gigabyte
seem to report being happy.

It's strange about Asus. I read all this negative stuff on lists about
people having trouble with Asus motherboards. However I've used them
for years, having bought at least 10-12 different motherboard models
in the last 15 years, and every one of them has worked great. They are
still my #1 brand.

I purchased 3 Intel MBs in 2010 and they have all worked fine also.

Cheers,
Mark