On 2011-01-13 20:14, J. Roeleveld wrote:

> They are easy to spot though as only CDs adhering to the red book standard
> are
> legally allowed to display the Audio-CD logo.

Yeah, I read about Philips talking to the music industry about this a
few years ago, claiming they would take them to court (or something) if
they didn't adhere to the standard... if they wanted the audio cd logo.

> For the deviations, blame the record companies who still think that people
> are
> willing to pay way over the odds for substandard music...

Well, considering IFPI/*AA etc. behaviour I'm thinking of skipping
buying anything at all; I can live without (use the ones that I have,
which seems to be standard since I've been able to rip them all to my
'puter using cdparanoia).

Best regards

Peter K