Grant Edwards wrote:
On 2011-01-21, Grant Edwards<grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I've noticed that for quite some time now that ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL
support been shown as deprecated when configuring a kernel.
Unfortunately, that support is the only way I've never been able to
get ATAPI CDROMs to work.

Are we all supposed to rip out the drives and replace them with SATA
CDROM drives?

I get the impression that "Serial ATA and Parallel ATA drivers"
section is supposed to support ATAPI CDROM drives, but I've never been
ble to get that to work.

What am I missing?
Doh!

I've been messing with this on and off for days, and 2 minutes after I
posted that I noticed that under "Serial ATA and Parallel ATA drivers"
I had "NVIDIA SATA support" enabled, but I had overlooked "AMD/NVidia
PATA support".

lol You do like I do. I post then figure it out or find a workaround. lol Glad I am not alone on doing this. ;-)

Then again, sometimes I post and none of us can figure it out or we scratch heads for a day or two and some shot in the dark fixes it.

Dale

:-)  :-)