YoYo Siska wrote:
Yes.
It might not be perfect, but mostly it works pretty well.
Once make started 10 or so process, which ate all my ram, because I
forgot to reenable swap, when I was playing with something before that
:)

yoyo

I noticed the same thing with mine. It used a LOT of ram. I have 4Gbs and it was up to about 3Gbs at one point and using some swap as well. I'm hoping to max out to 16Gbs as soon as I can. May upgrade to a 6 core CPU too.

I wonder how much faster it would be if the work directory is put on tmpfs? With 16Gbs, that should work even for OOo.

Dale

:-)  :-)