Brian Waters wrote:
On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:41 AM, Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  wrote:
In GIMP under the file menu, there is a option to get pictures from a
camera.  I have never used that but I guess that is where hal comes in.  It
may be something else but that is all I could find.
Christ, it's like .dll hell all over again.

There's probably a use flag to turn that off.

- BW

Yep, just disable hal for one. Since hal is gone, dbus may be another that would disable that. I don't see the need tho. Until you asked, I didn't even notice that it was there. Just don't use it. I been using GIMP for a good while and still haven't figured out more than half of it. I think it can do everything except wash dishes. lol

I'm just glad to have something that doesn't kill my mouse and keyboard. ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)