On 02/04/2011 08:10 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Nikos Chantziaras<rea...@arcor.de>  wrote:
 [...]
For the radeon driver at least, disabling KMS means that you won't get DRI2
in X11.  That means slower performance and tearing.  The non-KMS X driver is
pretty much considered deprecated.

Anecdote: On my laptop, which has a Radeon Mobility 9700 (uses RV350
or RV360), I got 30fps in Sauerbraten using the old non-KMS radeon
driver, and only 15fps using the new KMS driver. Enabling gallium on
latest mesa improves that to about 18fps, but causes my computer to
crash after a few minutes...

Sounds like a very outdated driver to me.