Replying to the three before messages which basically made the point
that one can change the location manyually.

I'm aware of that and as I've pointed out I consider it irrelevant to
the point that I'm making (with which you appear to agree at least
principally), that is, that it should not be the default.

A wrong default is wrong. What kind of an aittude is it to acccept a
flawed default and just make it right for one self.

I for my part have of course changed it but I want to straighten it out
for the whole distribution, for those who happen not to have read about
how to change it, for those who can't be arsed to fix every single bit
that gentoo makes wrong by its own.

And what bothers me most is that, as you said, it hasnt been changed in
a decade, out of pure ignorance, given that it has been brought up
several times already.

It does not conform with any accepted standard, it is wrong per se, it
should be changed.

THIS is the point, please, as I already said in my first email, don't
make any more suggestions how one can change this for oneself. It's
irrelevant to the issue.