Am 13.02.2011 03:12, schrieb meino.cra...@gmx.de:
> Hi,
>
> from recording from my dvbt-card I have some ts-files (transport
> stream).
>
> To save space AND quality, I want to strip anything from those files,
> which is not wanted: anything, which is neither audio nor video. But
> I dont want to reencode audio and video for that.
>
> How can I do that?
>
> Thank you very much for any help in advance!
> Have a nice weekend!
> Best regards,
> mcc

My advice: Mux it into a different container. TS is meant for streaming
over lossy networks and has a pretty high overhead. I don't have a TS
file ready for some testing but even the simpler PS has in my test 4%
more size than the equivalent MKV file. For TS I guess it is more in the
5-6% range.

Regards,
Florian Philipp