110215 Paul Hartman wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Philip Webb <purs...@ca.inter.net> wrote:
>> I recently put some files at  http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/esp/ .
>> One of them is  README.pdf , which is visible when I list the dir contents
>> using SSh or Krusader, but which is not shown by FF, Konqueror or Lynx.
>> If I make a copy called  READFILE.pdf , it is shown by the browsers.
>> Can anyone explain what's going on ?
> Maybe your IndexIgnore setting is something like this:
> IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER* README* RCS CVS *,v *,t

I should have explained in the OP that there are other files there,
all of which appear in the browsers' listings.
What is happening is that the file  README.pdf  -- alone --
is automatically given the permission  600 , while the others have  644 .
This happens even when I copy  README.pdf  from  READFILE.pdf ,
so there is some setting somewhere telling it to do that.
So, where do I look for 'IndexIgnore ... ' ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca