On 02/22/2011 09:51 AM, Walter Dnes wrote:
   I finally got my Acer 4551 100% functional under 64-bit Gentoo linux.

Congratulations :)

Thanks to various people on various linux forums who spelled out the
answers, and also to "Mr. Google" for helping me find them.  There are
several tweaks that are required to get things working...

Thank you for the excellent write-up.  I still don't have a laptop or a
notebook just because I expect to suffer a lot of pain before I could
actually use it for anything, and you've just confirmed my suspicions :)

By the time I read the last of your 'several' tweaks, my blood pressure
must have been 250 because I can definitely feel your pain.

Thanks for sharing :)