Hi,
is there any way to move running (already started) process
to background, and disconnect it from screen/terminal
so that I could log off (without terminating the process)?

Sometimes I start updating my server, but it keeps running
for long time, and I would like to log out but I can not.

I know, I could have started it with:
nohup emerge -uv gcc &

But I forgot to do it that way, and now I'm sitting, watching
messages scrolling in my shell. So is there any way to do
this nohup-trick on running process?

Jarry