Is Gnumeric unable to handle Excel .xlsx files or am I missing a USE
flag somewhere?  Or is there a quick-n-dirty viewer/translator?  I've
downloaded a file from Auto Observer.  Gnumeric segfaults trying to open
it, after issuing the message...
"MarketShare!P70 : Dropping missing object"

  I'm running pure 64-bit AMD64 Gentoo on an Intel i3.  Any ideas other
than one of the "*Office" alternatives?  They're best described as
"About: kitchen sink"...

USE="qt3support ssl accessibility kde dbus exceptions" emerge -pv qt-core
kspread
Total: 41 packages (41 new), Size of downloads: 304,022 kB

emerge -pv libreoffice
Total: 24 packages (23 new, 1 in new slot), Size of downloads: 528,859 kB

emerge -pv openoffice
Total: 22 packages (21 new, 1 in new slot), Size of downloads: 564,301 kB

  The file in question is...
http://www.autoobserver.com/car-data-center/assets/2011-03%20Sales.xlsx

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>