Thanks for replies. As I had expected, they brought even more
uncertainty then I had before... :-)

ext3/4:
I excluded them because as I understand, they do not support
snapshots (only with lvm, which I do not use, and I've hreard
snapshots in lvm are not very effective, or something like that).
Next minus-point, I tried resizing of ext3/lvm once in the past
and remember it was a real pain in a**...

reiserfs/reiser4:
Future of these fs seems to be somehow vague, at least to me.
And I do not know if it can handle snaphosts and resizing.

xfs & power-off:
I have always thought, journaling is there to prevent data
loss during unexpected power-off. And now I read I could
loose data even with journaled fs...?

jfs & power-off:
the same. How is it possible, I could loose data with such
a mature journaled filesystem during power-off?

btrfs:
never heard of it. Is it stable enough to be used? I just
checkt man-page of "mount", and it does not show btrfs
as supported filesystem...

Jarry