On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 19:57, Pandu Poluan <pa...@poluan.info> wrote:

>>> So, I should emerge open-vm-tools and it shall pull in open-vm-tools-kmod,
>>> too?
>>
>> Yes. And you'll need to add a few of those drivers to your
>> /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 or /etc/conf.d/modules (whichever you
>> have). Mine currently loads:
>>
>> vmxnet3 vmw_balloon fuse vsock vmblock vmsync
>>

> Ahhh, okay. Gotcha.
>
> Thanks for the clear explanation :-)

Hmmm... I've compiled VMXNET into the kernel, but can't get VMXNET to
perform; booting complained of inexistent network.

Adding e1000 into the kernel works though.

Could it be because the Cloud Provider has preconfigured my VMware
vSphere with non-VMXNET vNICs?

Or is there a 'trick' to activate VMXNET?

Haven't emerged open-vm-tools, though. Will that help in activating VMXNET?

Rgds,
--
Pandu E Poluan
~ IT Optimizer ~