Am 05.04.2011 11:46, schrieb Jake Moe:
> On 04/05/11 18:14, KH wrote:

>>> Yes; I want it to mirror my portage tree and serve it to other boxes on the
>>> LAN.
>>> It used to do this well enough; I just want to get the permissions right.
>> Hi,
>>
>> why not using the handbook-way?
>> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rsync.xml#doc_chap2
>> I am doing it that way.
>>
>> Regards KH
> +1
>
> I've got four boxes in my home network, and I have one pull down the
> updates, the other three sync with that one.
>
> I've also set up proftpd to allow anonymous read-only access to my
> /usr/portage/distfiles folder, so the other three can try to pull their
> packages from locally first as well, and if that box hasn't downloaded
> it yet, only then will they try to retrieve it from the Internet.  See
> http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Setup_local_Portage_and_Package_Mirror
> for info.
>
> Jake Moe

Hi Jake Moe,

for the distfiles http-replicator is great. Example:
Box one has the tarball. Box 2, 3 and 4 can download it as well. Box one
does not have the tarball. Box 2 may search for it, box one will
download it and give it to box 2. Then box 3 and 4 can download it from
box one as well.

Regards KH
--
                         _