On Thu, 12 May 2011 07:54:13 -0500, Dale wrote:

> I just hope they also learned from their mistakes.  Dropping KDE3
> support long before KDE4 was ready was a big one.  That shouldn't be
> repeated.

If it's as good as everyone says, what more support did it need? Did the
KDE guys come knocking on your door to remove it, or do it remotely
(Android anyone?), or did it just keep working?

I'd say that you got excellent value for money, and a lot more support
for an EOL product than you paid for. Yes, it would have been nice if they
had waited until KDE4 was a little more polished before EOLing KDE3, but
who would have paid for two dev teams?

--
Neil Bothwick

I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel...
but it was just some sod with a torch bringing me more work!