On Tuesday 31 May 2011 00:26:45 Stroller wrote:
> On 30/5/2011, at 11:10am, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> > Right clicking on "Audio Disc" gives an "eject" menu point.  YUCK!!!  If
> > I'd've wanted an Apple Macintosh, I know where to buy one.  I just want
> > my drive's eject button to work.
>
> Your Linux box isn't working, and you're complaining about Macs?
>
> That seems a little inappropriate.
>
> Let me assure you: when a Mac has a hardware button, it will work just fine.
> It won't be disabled for no reason.
>
> This is why I use Mac for the desktop. Because when I get home after a hard
> day's work fixing computers I don't want to have to do a "bat shit crazy
> amount of work to keep things working" [1

so why do you own a mac?

Just days ago I beachballed a mac adding some pictures to a word document.
Yeah, that is the legendary MacOS stability.

Next time I sat on a mac there were 37gb of stuff in trash. The poor owner
tried to delete them. MacOS showed the apropriate reaction, no error anyway -
and no file was deleted.

Had to go down to the shell - and even after that some crap was still left.
Undeletable and with no error messages or informations why.

Apple's macos is the worst of all OS I had to deal with. OpenBSD is a hostile
little bitch, but at least you can get the information you need out of it.
Solaris? Not half as broken. WindowsXP? A sow rolling in mud munching on
garbage but at least it does not die a horrible death just because you add
some pics to a word file. VIsta is just a bigger sow.