On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 08:21:21AM -0300, Fernando Antunes wrote
> Yesterday I emerged Libreoffice-bin 3.4 and the installation worked fine.
>
> However, when I try to run it, I receive this error message :
>
> Failed to execute child process "libreoffice3.4" (No such file or
> directory).

  Applications generally do *NOT* use the version number in the
executable name, or even the fact that they're a "bin" version.  You
just supply the base filename on the commandline.  E.g., I have
"libreoffice-bin-3.3.2" installed.  It is launched with the command
"libreoffice".  I have "gimp-2.6.11" installed.  It is launched with the
command "gimp".

  A few programs allow multiple versions.  They have the real executable
in a working directory, and a symlink in /etc/usr/bin which points to
the real executable.  So you launch the main version with the regular
command.  You can also launch other installed versions by supplying the
full pathname to its working directory.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>