On Thursday 09 June 2011, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Grant <emailgr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've satisfied these requirements:
> >
> > Depends on: NETDEVICES [=y] && WLAN [=y] && SSB_POSSIBLE [=y] &&
> > MAC80211 [=n] && HAS_DMA [=y]
> >
> > but I don't see the option here:
> >
> > Location:
> > -> Device Drivers
> > -> Network device support (NETDEVICES [=y])
> > -> Wireless LAN (WLAN [=y])
> >
> > Does anyone know how to make it appear?
> >
> > - Grant
>
> What is 'b43'?
>
> When I have that problem I typically start with
>
> cat /usr/src/.config | grep b43
>
> which returns nothing implying to me that b43 doesn't exist at all.
>
> - Mark

Mark this isn't a good test. It only says that your config doesn't
contain references to b43.

If you do "make menuconfig" and then search for b43 (type slash to reach
the search functionality) many entries will show up: I count 23 hits in
2.6.39-gentoo-r1 kernel.

Grant: you say that the requirements are satisfied, yet I see "MAC80211
[=n]", could be it? Same way as above to see where the option you lack
can be activated

HTH
        Francesco

--
Linux Version 2.6.39-gentoo, Compiled #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu May 26 20:13:26
CEST 2011