Hi,

With my PC I have three "soundcards" (from the Alsa point of view),
which are:

    0 [SB             ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
                      HDA ATI SB at 0xfcaf8000 irq 16
    1 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
                         HDA NVidia at 0xfe97c000 irq 25
    2 [CameraB404271  ]: USB-Audio - USB Camera-B4.04.27.1
                      OmniVision Technologies, Inc. USB Camera-B4.04.27.1 at
usb-0000:00:12.2-3, high

. To prevent, that they come up in any possible kind of sorting after
a reboot, I wrote into /etc/modporbe.d/alsa.conf:

    # Alsa kernel modules' configuration file.
    # ALSA portion
    # OSS/Free portion

    ##
    ## IMPORTANT:
    ## You need to customise this section for your specific sound card(s)
    ## and then run `update-modules' command.
    ## Read alsa-driver's INSTALL file in /usr/share/doc for more info.
    ##

    alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
    alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
    alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss

    alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
    alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
    alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-intel
    alias sound-slot-1 snd-usb-intel
    alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
    alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel

, but that did not help (I did a update-modules before reboot).

How can I urge the "soundcards" into a specific order?
How can I more specific than specifying "snd-hda-intel" since
this appears twice...?

Thank you very much in advance for any help! :)

Have a nice weekend!
Best regardsm
mcc