Hi,

I'm looking for advice on the following hard nut.
On one of my machines emerging dev-lang/R fails while on
a very similar one it succeeds!

On the 'bad one' I get lots of

Warning in lazyLoadDBinsertVariable(vars[i], from, datafile, ascii,
compress,  :
  internal error 8 in R_compress3

and finally

** R
** data
**  moving datasets to lazyload DB
Warning: lzma decoding result 8
Error in if (!grepl("RD[AX]2\n", magic)) { : argument is of length zero
ERROR: lazydata failed for package 'survival'

On both machines I have xz-utils-5.0.3 installed and the 'bad machine'
has even been reinstalled by an emerge --emtpytree some weeks, ago.
The dev-lang/R problem happened before that and is still happening.
I have re-emerged xz-utils but still no luck.
It must have be related to some settings which are not changed by an
emerge --emtpytree

(As a work around, copying the binary package from that other machine
and doing an emerge -k works just, but I'd like to know why)

Many thanks for any hints,
Helmut.