Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:

> 1. Nothing out there just does everything a large network would really
> want.

JFFNMS is the best I have found. I'm still running an 8.3 version.

When I get a chance I'll fix it up to 0.9.x and get the
issues with postgresql 9.x fixed and documented. I got
slammed with building a new facility and too many work
related issues to do much with the new (jffnms) code
at this time.

If someone has some time and familiarity with Gentoo
ebuilds, it would not take more than a few hours to
follow my tracks and finish up everything. You can monitor
any snmp (1,2,3) device and it is absolutely fabulous
with most routers and switches, particularly Cisco.

It uses python and the lead developer, Craig is very
responsive to help and others contributing code. The project
stalled when the previous dev left; where he is customizing
JFFNMS for a communications conglomerate.

It also runs on Mysql if that is your preference, and that
version would be quite easy to get the ebuild updated.

check it out!  www.jffnms.org

hth,
James