On Thursday 30 June 2011 14:30:09 András Csányi did opine thusly:
> Hi All,
>
> I like KDE and I use it on daily basis. I would like to change the
> style of the windows but if the eye candy stuffs are disabled only
> the original theme is working properly. What does it mean "working
> properly"? In this case means that the parts of the windows are
> well drawn according to design. Design of the window buttons on the
> upper-right corner are drawn properly, not hided, they are not
> blinking, etc.
>
> The cause is simple why I turned off the eye candy stuffs, they are
> hungry and eating my CPU. This is a little bit strange for me
> because I have a reasonable nVidia video card with 512Mbyte RAM and
> my system is well configured.
>
> My question is that, it is normal when the eye candy stuffs are
> disabled only the original style is working properly? Should I give
> you screenshots about the not proper working to clarify what is my
> problem? Should I report this as bug in bugs.gentoo.org?

a clear description of the problem is absolutely vital. Here's how
your question goes:

Q: KDE candy is broken
A: No it's not

You are going to have to put in the effor to be clear about what you
are saying, use the correct names for things (eg the theme name, not
"the original " - that's means very little) and probably screenshots
too if the query is about corrupted visuals.

I suspect your setup is wrong. I have switched all my fancy effects
off and all shipped 4.6 themese work here.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com