I manually configured a kernel during the install and went back afterward and added a genkernel version since I was having a few problems during boot (resolution, network, etc).

In /boot, I have both linux-2.6.12-gentoo-r6 and kernel-genkernel-x86-2.6.12-gentoo-r6.

In /boot/grub/grub.conf, only the genkernel is listed

During startup, only the linux-2.6.12-gentoo-r6 kernel shows on the grub menu

/usr/src does not contain the genkernel build.

I’m sure I did something wrong, but I don’t want to start over.  Any input is greatly appreciated.

John D