Hi all,

I'm trying to install Gentoo 2005.1, using the genkernel script, on a
Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop with an ATI|Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x graphics
card.
My kernel is kernel-genkernel-x86-2.6.12-gentoo-r6

When I reboot, Grub kicks in and I can select my Linux Gentoo operating
system no problem.
It then gives me a working console, allows me to login & run commands,
but the screen itself has gone haywire:
about 1 out of every 5 characters is garbled and flickering, and the
same screen appears about 4 times on my monitor (with four little
penguins, two cut in half).
This is with the grub.conf settings below:
default 0
timeout 30
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz

title=Gentoo Linux 2.6.11-r11
root (hd0,0)
kernel /kernel-genkernel-x86-2.6.12-gentoo-r6 root=/dev/ram0
init=/linuxrc ramdisk=8192 real_root=/dev/hda3 udev
video=vesafb:mtrr,ywrap,[EMAIL PROTECTED]
initrd /initramfs-genkernel-x86-2.6.12-gentoo-r6

I've tried changing the video parameters to:
video=vesafb:mtrr,[EMAIL PROTECTED]
video=vesafb:mtrr,ywrap,[EMAIL PROTECTED]
vga=0x318 video=vesafb:mtrr,ywrap
and even nothing at all for video

In each of these four cases, the result is even worse: a screen with
thick flickering lines slowly climbing up from the bottom towards the
top of the monitor.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Assaf Urieli