On 07/17/2011 07:22 PM, Grant wrote:
I gave it a try but there was no change.  I tried plugging the TV and
computer into a power strip and also into an isolation transformer.
Any other ideas?

I still think it's a driver problem.  Again: it's *physically* impossible to
have these problems with the HDMI signal.  At most you get "digital noise",
which means some pixels get stuck or are missing.  But not what you get;
that's just something that can't be explained.

I was thinking about this.  The digital HDMI signal must be converted
into an analog signal at some point if it's being represented as light
on a TV screen.  Electrical interference generated by the computer and
traveling up the HDMI wire should have its chance to affect things
(i.e. create weird shadows) at that point, right?

Not with DFPs. Those work digital even internally. I assume of course that his HDMI TV *is* a DFP.