Joost Roeleveld wrote:
On Thursday 21 July 2011 05:54:32 Dale wrote:
Right now, just look over my info, see if you see anything insane there
and if not, recommend something I can use besides flash.  Maybe some
third party thing that works reasonably well.  If youtube works, I
should be good to go since the sites I go to are using the same thing,
some even source youtube.
About this bit.
Can you play youtube videos without using that download-helper-plugin?
Or is your connection too slow to be able to watch directly without
downloading first?

As an alternative to using the download-helper-plugin, you could try the
following:

$ eix youtube-dl
* net-misc/youtube-dl
      Available versions:  ~2009.05.23[1] 2010.01.19[1] 2010.10.03 ~2010.10.24
~2010.11.19 2010.12.09 ~2011.01.30
      Homepage:            http://rg3.github.com/youtube-dl/
YouTube.

Hope this helps,

Joost

My DSL is just a hair to slow unless it is a low res video. I get about 768Kb down and I swear they make it so it will stop just enough to annoy the crap out of a person so you will upgrade to a faster package. o_O Grrrrrr. Anyway, I just download it first then play it with smplayer. No stopping and all that then. If I don't like it, dump and move on.

I did find that tool once but I'm not real sure how it works. I sort of browsed around the pages a bit but just fell back to the plugin. May end up using it tho.

I will try just watching it in a bit and see if it crashes. I can start it then hit pause and resume after it gets a real good start. That could lead to something. ;-)

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)