* Alexander Rink ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Have a look at firehol (firehol.sourceforge.net). I suppose that this is
> exactly what u r looking for. You can write config files in an easy and
> understandable language, firehol will translate them into iptables commands.
> You can find predefined scripts for different environments after emerging
> firehol in /etc/firehol/examples
>
> For a single dialup computer the settings are as simple as:
> interface any world
>       client all accept
>
> Which means that the computer is completely hidden and offers no services.
> Adding a ssh Server just adds the following line
>       server ssh
>
> You can find a nice and detailled example at firehols hompage.

Quite awesome.  I used the tutorial on their webpage and it seemed to
work just as I wanted.  I tried several online port scans,
i.e. Sygate, Shields Up, etc., and they all returned all ports as
stealthed.  And yet my internet connection, masquerading, and ssh
connections are all up and running just as I need.

Many thanks for the help.

Patrick