Dale writes:

> Alex Schuster wrote:
>> Dale writes:

>>> Alex Schuster wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.wonkology.org/comp/desktop/2011-07-24/desktop6.png
>>>
>>> You might want to remove that one.  Look closely at the bank screen.
>>>
>> That's okay, this is not really my account number, although very close :)
>> But even if it were, I guess it wouldn't be too much of a security risk.
>
> That's good to hear.  It looked like you had a pretty short password so
> figuring that out wouldn't be to hard I would guess.

Five characters seems to be normal for online banking here. Anyway,
after three failed attempts, the account is locked. I can unlock it by
giving my PIN and a TAN.

>>> I'm looking closely.  Some things interest me.#
>>>
>> Which things?
>
> Some of the widget thingys.  What's with the big eyeballs anyway?

They watch :)
No, there's no other purpose. I have at least one instance of XEyes on
my desktop since I found this little application in 1992 when I first
started using a Sun workstation. But it is since some months only that I
had the idea to have multiple ones. Well, that's the nice thing about
plasmids, they stay behind application windows, so the do not get in the
way.

>>> I'm still learning about KDE4.  ;-)
>>>
>> Me too :)  If only things were more stable. I'll wait a little and then
>> upgrade to 4.7, and then I'll decide if I stay with it. If not, the question
>> would be what to use instead, I would miss so many things. I got KDE-
>> addicted.

> I like KDE to.  I just don't take much time learning all the stuff like
> I should.

I learnt a lot on the KDE mailing list (which is also a nice one, with
helpful people). Especially about this Akonadi stuff that the new KDEPIM
is using.

> For me, desktop 1:  Seamonkey browser
>
> desktop 2:  Seamonkey email
>
> desktop 3:  Konsole with at least two tabs
>
> desktop 5:  Konqueror as root

Why this?

> desktop 6:  Kpat for my card game.
>
> desktop 7:  Konqueror as a user and usually smplayer for watching
> videos, music and such.
>
> desktop 8:  Usually just gkrellm.
>
> desktop 4, 9 and 10 are generally blank.  I use them for whatever I am
> into at the time.  It may be OOo, gtkam, Gimp or any number of other apps.

I'm thinking about adding two desktops now.

> MemTotal:       16441056 kB
> MemFree:         6356592 kB
> Buffers:          847064 kB
> Cached:          7243384 kB
>
> According to gkrellm I'm actually using 1.1Gbs at the moment.

It's 3G more here.

>  I got the
> local radar thing loaded up and it uses a good bit.  We are expecting
> some storms here today.  Since they are coming from my blind side, I
> watch the radar so I don't get wet.  lol

Is this a plasmoid? This would be a nice one to have.

> How do you tell KDE that you want a widget thingy on one desktop and not
> all of them?  I figured out how to get one that I saw on your screenshot
> but it put it on them all.  I only want it on one tho.  I can't seem to
> find the magic button.

Like Yohan said :)

Though I'd like if plasmoids could also be made sticky, on desktops
and/or activities. Maybe they'll implement this, I think this is on the
list. Or does 4.7 already have this feature?

        Wonko