On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 12:24 AM, Nilesh Govindarajan
<cont...@nileshgr.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Gentoo, and I'm thinking of buying this printer:
> http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370533563484
>
> The printer specification says that it can emulate Epson ESC/P and IBM
> Proprinter command sets.
>
> I saw CUPS documentation and it is written that printers supporting
> Epson ESC/P command set are supported on Linux.
> http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/sam.html#EPSON9
>
> I'd like to know if anybody is using this printer here on this list or,
> does it require some hardware switch changes, etc (like jumper settings)
> to make the printer comply to particular command set? I'm buying a dot
> matrix printer for the first time, please help. It's urgent.

Don't know. Don't have one.

However, the manufacturer appears to still be in business, and that
looks like it's a current product. Perhaps you could ask them? Their
website isn't in the greatest of shape, but they do list a telephone
number.

http://www.tvs-e.in/branch-details.aspx

--
:wq