On Thursday 18 August 2011 20:42:30 Michael Mol wrote:

> Don't forget to check your BIOS. You might also consider enabling
> "SCSI-generic (disk)", which would catch ide-emulated disks and put a
> scsi interface around them in the kernel.

But it might well shove a generic driver in before the specific one has a
chance. The docs warn of this.

> Finally, check that it's coming up as "/dev/sda" and not something
> like "/dev/sdb".

Good advice (if I may presume). BIOSes often have weird detection orders:
I'm still not sure I've got the right optical drive order on my
superannuated workstation.

--
Rgds
Peter           Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23