> Filesystem                  Inodes IUsed IFree IUse% Mounted on
> /dev/mapper/weird-inodetest   1024  1024     0  100% /mnt

> /dev/mapper/weird-inodetest   2048  1024  1024   50% /mnt

Then I stand corrected. I guess that the man page for mke2fs saying that
the inode count of a filesystem cannot be changed does not take resizing
into account.

I also thought that if resize2fs had the ability to extend the inode
table, then it would have options to give the user some degree of
control over the process. Apparently that's not the case.

andrea