Alan McKinnon wrote:
On Tue 23 August 2011 15:06:25 Canek Peláez Valdés did opine thusly:
Now if it had similarities to say hal, I would instantly
understand. But dbus is good and useful in all the ways that
hal isn't.
Wasn't. HAL is dead. From
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/hal
Sadly, HAL is not yet dead. It lives still.

It lives on the production database server I just happen to be
rebooting as I type this (another story for another time) and will
continue to live here for a very very long time indeed.

Dale can confirm this. Dale will swear in a court of law with hand on
bible than hal lives on in zombie form, infesting all the matter of
his house and computers, infecting them with their undead zombieness.

Ye gods, it's been a long hard day....

Not here. I shot hal with a silver bullet and drove a stake into it a long time ago. If that thing even twitches, I'll go Navy Seals on it. O_O Man I love the 2nd amendment we have. ;-) Even the NSA wouldn't be able to bring that back.

Dale

:-)  :-)