Am Tue, 30 Aug 2011 19:30:18 +0200
schrieb meino.cra...@gmx.de:

> Marc Joliet <mar...@gmx.de> [11-08-30 18:01]:
> > Am Tue, 30 Aug 2011 05:05:19 +0200
> > schrieb meino.cra...@gmx.de:
> >
> > > Hi,

> > > I want to remap the "create new tab", "next tab" and "previous tab"
> > > keybindings to the keycombo I used to use with my previous mrxvt.
> > >
> > > Urxvt has keysym support with a somehow complicate syntax.
> > >
> > > What is the spelling/nameing of the commands I want to remap?
> > >

> > > Or more generally:
> > > Where can I get a list of all supported commands, which I can
> > > map to keys?
> >
> > I believe you want the technical reference in "man 7 urxvt". It also
> > contains
> > some examples in the FAQ, but if you want to skip that, the technical
> > reference
> > starts at the section "RXVT-UNICODE TECHNICAL REFERENCE".
> >
> > > Best regards,
> > > mcc
> >
> > HTH
> > --
> > Marc Joliet
> > --
> > "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
> > don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup
>
> Hi Marc,

Hi,

> sorry for haveing cause the confusion...

no problem.

(Note that I agree that configuring key bindings for urxvt is... complicated. I
configured it once, forgot, and am now relearning things a bit.)

> I meant for example but not exclusevly the name of the commande to create a
> new tab,
> to delete a tab, to choose a font etc...

Isn't that in the man page urxvt(7)? For example, to change the font size, I
have in my ~/.Xresources:

>  URxvt.keysym.Control-Meta-1: command:\033]710;xft:dejavu sans
> mono:antialias=true:pixelsize=15\007
>  URxvt.keysym.Control-Meta-2: command:\033]710;xft:dejavu sans
> mono:antialias=true:pixelsize=24\007

Now, urxvt(7) says:

>   XTerm Operating System Commands
>         "ESC ] Ps;Pt ST"
>             Set XTerm Parameters. 8-bit ST: 0x9c, 7-bit ST sequence: ESC \
>             (0x1b, 0x5c), backwards compatible terminator BEL
>             (0x07) is also accepted. any octet can be escaped by prefixing it
> with SYN (0x16, ^V).
[...]
>             Ps = 50    Set fontset to Pt, with the following special values
> of Pt (rxvt) #+n change up n #-n change down n if n is missing of 0, a value
> of 1 is used empty change to font0 n change to font n
[...]
>             Ps = 710   Set normal fontset to Pt. Same as Ps = 50.

So, to piece it together:

    ESC ] Ps; Pt ST

    becomes

    \033 ] 710; [some font] \007

    (where \033 is the ASCII value for ESC, and \007 is BEL as noted in the
    man page)

which is what I have after "command:".  So that is how I switch between two font
sizes: one for when I'm in front of the computer and one for when I'm sitting
on my bed/sofa (it's a small dorm room). Another example for setting up fontsis
in the FAQ entry "Can I see a typical configuration?" in urxvt(7).

To configure the keybindings for tabbing, you need to check the man page
urxvtperl(3), since tabbing is implemented as a perl extension. While I
didn't find anything, maybe you can :-) .  BTW, I just looked at Roman's wiki
and I think that you should consider trying his modified version, where you
definitely can configure the keybindings.

> Best regards,
> mcc

Hoping I didn't misunderstand you,
--