On Friday 02 Sep 2011 09:27:09 András Csányi wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> In the morning after I have synced my portage I saw there is a
> google-chrome and chromium package. The version numbers are the same.
> I watched the websites and basically they are the same. Google Chrome
> is the Chrome browser and the Chromium is the open source project. I
> would like to know what is the difference between them and why do we
> have two package?
>
> Thanks in advance for any information!
>
> András

This is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_chrome

Chromium implements a similar feature set as Chrome, but lacks built-in
automatic updates, built-in PDF reader and Google branding, and most
noticeably has a blue-colored logo in place of the multicolored Google logo.

--

- Yohan Pereira

"A man can do as he will, but not will as he will" - Schopenhauer