On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 20:08:17 +0700
Pandu Poluan <pa...@poluan.info> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 19:50, András Csányi <sayusi.a...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On 11 September 2011 14:43, Pandu Poluan <pa...@poluan.info> wrote:
> >>
> >> Eh? Sorry about the HTML bits; Android's Gmail client doesn't seem
> >> to be configurable about that.
> >
> > Android client is not able to handle plain/text emails. :(
> >
> > --
> > - -
> > --  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
> > http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
> > --  ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell
> >

> Yeah, found that out with a bit of Google-fu.
>
> Now I'm typing from my PC using the full-bore Gmail.
>
> No more HTML bits, I hope.
>
> But this means I practically can't reply to this list when I'm on the
> road:
>
> *) Gmail Java Mobile client (on my E72) can post in plaintext, but
> only as a top-post.
>
> *) Gmail Android client (on my Samsung Galaxy Ace) can bottom-post,
> but also sends an HTML part.
>
> *) Gmail webmail client -- when accessed via Dolphin -- also sends an
> HTML part. (Just saw my reply sent using Dolphin)
>
> *) K9 Mail *can* send plaintext messages, but it can't install itself
> on the SD card, so I have to delete it (my Sammy's internal memory is
> a measly 158 MB; I'd rather not install anything not abso-effin-lutely
> essential into the internal memory)
>
> So, I'm in a bit of quandary now.

Folks here are quite understanding about phone mail apps. It was rough
at first but once everyone "got it" that you have little choice....

Best is to put a short note in your sig saying you can't avoid HTML
top-posted gmail on Android. People learn to deal with it.

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com